Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th!

Quick post today.  Haven't posted the last couple days because I haven't really done anything.  Today was a holiday, so I was able to squeeze in a couple workouts.

This morning, I got up and ran in the Flapjacks and Firecrackers 4-mile run put on by the City of Northglenn, just down the road from us.  I ran with my daughter again, which is always fun.  And this time, she got 3rd in her age group!  And that's even more impressive because she's only eight, and the age group was from 0-17 years old!  She got beat by a 14 and 17-year-old, so I think that's pretty damn great.  She got a medal and everything!

She's awesome.
After lunch today, I got in a bike ride while the rest of the family went out to get drinks and snacks for our night out at the Thornton fireworks show.  It was close to 40 miles, and incorporated a time trial that the Lifetime Fitness cycle club does every week.  I haven't been able to ride it with them because it's on Thursday nights, and I just can't get there after work.  The Lifetime ride is about 25 miles, I think, and incorporates an 8-mile loop that they record as a time trial.  Fortunately, that loop is also a Strava segment, so I was able to compare my Strava times on that loop to previous times from the Lifetime folks.  I was pretty happy to see that my time today put me in 10th overall on that Strava segment, and 3rd out of 12 of the Lifetime riders who recorded that segment on Strava.  And considering I was dealing with kind of an ugly headwind, that's even more impressive.  Plus, I rode from home instead of from Lifetime, which meant I had to put in a longer ride just to get to the start of the time trial.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Bowl of Special K
  • Lunch:  Just grabbed a protein bar before I went out for my ride.
  • Dinner:  Not good.  We grabbed some dinner and took it to the fireworks tonight.  Considering it's basically a 5-hour event (the local symphony orchestra, a band, some other stuff, and the fireworks themselves), we loaded up on food.  Picked up a bucket of KFC, plus soda and snacks.  Not my best night.

Exercise:
  • 4 mile run this morning.
  • 40 mile bike ride this afternoon.


Today's weigh-in:  175.4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!