Monday, July 22, 2013

Took a little break, now I'm back

After the Triple Bypass last weekend, I took most of the week off.  I was able to ride to work one day last week, did one ride on the trainer, and swam some laps one evening, but that was really it.  It was just a pretty hectic week, and difficult to find the time.  I really wanted to do some riding over the weekend, but ended up with too much going on.

Most of this weekend was taken over by stupid stuff, like changing the headlight in my car.  Incidentally, I'd love to speak with the engineer at Chevy who decided that in order to change a headlight in a 2009 Malibu, you needed to remove the bumper.  That's just bonkers.

But one fun thing I did this weekend was watch my almost-9-year-old daughter compete in her first triathlon!  She did great for her first time.  Her bike and run times were pretty much right there with the other kids in her age group, but she needs to work on her swimming a bit.  She just recently got to the point where she can swim a full lap in the pool, so she's still learning.  And her transitions were a little slow, but that's to be expected with her first time.





She did an awesome job and we're really proud of her.  Unfortunately, it looks like this is pretty much the end of triathlon season, so we may have to wait until next year to try another one.

It looks like I'll be riding the bike to work for the rest of the week, and maybe get in some trainer sessions in the evening.  Another thing I might try in the evenings, instead of getting on the trainer, is getting back into P90X.  I don't necessarily plan on doing the full 12-week session, but might try to figure out a way to get in some weight workouts on days when I ride to work.  Kind of make up my own workout schedule.  We'll see.

Today's workouts:




Today's weigh-in:  175.4.  I took some time off, so that's understandable.  But I'm still working toward my goal of 165.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!