Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mmm..... smoothies

Sometime last year, I wrote a post about the smoothies I was drinking.  Well, I'm still going.  Nearly every day, I have a smoothie for breakfast.  Seems like a pretty healthy way to start the day.  Much better than the cereal and bagels I used to eat.

I was planning on having a lot of variety in my smoothies, but instead I pretty much make two different smoothies.  You would think I would get tired of it, but I don't.  They're pretty good.

In case you missed my previous post about smoothies, here is what I typically do:
  • 1/2 avocado.
  • Couple fresh strawberries.
  • Some frozen fruit, from a bag of frozen fruit medley.  Typically, either a triple-berry mix, or some kind of mango-pineapple-peach blend, depending on where I'm shopping.
  • Handful of spinach.
  • 1 raw egg.
  • Maybe a spoonful of vanilla Greek yogurt.
  • Scoop or two of vanilla whey protein powder.
  • Topped off with some water.
Then, just throw it on the blender and blend it up. There's some stuff in there that doesn't sounds very good, but once it's all blended together, it just tastes fruity.

Our blender came with some single-serving attachments, which is pretty handy.  Previously, my wife and I were drinking the same smoothie, so I would just make enough for two, in the regular blender container.  But lately, her trainer has asked her to cut out the fruit, so she is doing her own thing.  So, we each make our own single-serve smoothies.


Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar at my desk, after my walk.
  • Dinner:  Bacon-wrapped chicken breast, and some broccoli and cauliflower

Exercise:
  • Strendurance Workout B
  • 30-minute walk at lunch 
  • Spinervals 34.0 - Super High Intensity Training.  (SHIT?)  I really liked this workout.  First time I've ever done it.  Just straight-up hard interval sets, and only 55-minutes long.  And this is the first time I've brought power data into Strava.  Interesting to see that.  More about TrainerRoad and VirtualPower in a later post. 



Today's weigh-in:  188.2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!