Saturday, January 25, 2014

Race Recon

My workout schedule got a little messed up this week.  I ended up at a Colorado Avalanche game on Tuesday, which caused me to miss a workout.  Then, I had to re-shuffle some workouts the rest of the week to make up for it.  I ended up ended up with three hard days in a row, and was scheduled for a rest day today.  But instead, a group of the Category 5 riders from the team were getting together to do a little course recon for the first race of the season, and a little team-building.

So, after three hard workouts, instead of resting, I ended up doing another 45 miles or so with a mix of climbing and flats.  We had a good group of 5 riders, 4 Cat 5 men, and one Cat 5 woman.  We got to know each other a bit, got in some good paceline practice, and in general had a good workout.

The Cat 5 crew


After that ride, I'm definitely looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Food:

Exercise:
  • 47.5 miles from Berthoud to Carter Lake, with 2 loops at the lake.

Today's weigh-in:  189.6






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!