Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Another commute, and a new run

Took the day off yesterday.  I knew I had a late meeting at work and was going to need to get home quickly to get kids to sports, so I had the car with me.  Today, I knew I would have some more time, so I rode to work again.  Just an easy ride today, no intervals or anything.  But I apparently got my PR on a segment called "Buttsmell Sprint".  Nice.  But I have to agree about the smell.  Definitely a stinky ride.


After getting home tonight, we had to turn right around and get kids to soccer and football.  I took soccer-duty.  I had a nice long running loop planned, but the weather was a little sketchy, and I didn't want to be too far away if it started raining and they canceled practice.  So, I stayed a little closer to the field.  Maybe I'll do a longer run next time.


After practice, things went a little crazy when my car wouldn't start.  I had someone come by to jump my car, but that didn't work.  Battery was just dead, dead, dead.  My wife had to come by and pick me up after my son's football practice.  First, we went home to grab a few tools, then she took me to the auto parts store for a battery.  Then we drove back to the soccer field to change the battery in the dark.  I got it taken care of pretty quickly, and everything worked like a charm.  Back to the auto parts store to give them my old battery while the wife and kids ran to Wendy's and picked up some dinner.  At this point it was probably 8:30pm, and we definitely didn't feel like cooking.  I had enough sense to get a caesar salad with grilled chicken.

Ready for another ride to work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!