Monday, September 23, 2013

Couple rides, and more P90X+

Haven't posted in a couple days.  It was a pretty busy weekend, but managed to find some time tonight.

Saturday was supposed to be P90X+ Kenpo Cardio Plus, but we had a day full of kids sports, followed by an event for my wife's work out at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.  I just never found the time.

Sunday, I got up for a bike ride with Lifetime Fitness.  It's getting close to the end of road riding season, so I want to get in some rides when I can.  Finding routes in the area is a little more difficult with the recent flooding, but we were able to get in a decent ride.  Unfortunately, it didn't end very well.  I rode 7 miles to Lifetime, then rode about 37 miles of the route with the Lifetime folks, and then ended up crashing.   So close to the finish.  It was really annoying.  It turns out I had gotten a flat tire at some point, and didn't know it.  I had finished a small climb and was taking a right turn, and the bike just slid out from under me.  Turning on a flat tire doesn't work very well.  I went down hard right in front of a bunch of cars sitting at a traffic light.  I've got some serious road rash on my right leg and right hip, and a little bit on my right arm.  It's pretty painful.

Ouch.


I've got myself wrapped up in surgical dressing right now, trying to get the road rash healed up.  It stings a lot right now.  Hoping that goes away soon.


After my morning ride, my wife and son went to a Broncos Play 60 camp at the Broncos headquarters down south, so I decided to take my daughter for a bike ride.  I had been wanting to check out the Platte River Trail since the flooding a couple weeks ago, to make sure the trails were open and commute-able, so I could get back to my bike commuting this week.  We went for a nice 8-mile out-and-back ride on the trail and everything was looking good.  The river was definitely still running high, and there was a lot of damage (and garbage stuck in trees) on the banks.  Along the way, we stopped for a break at a picnic table, and watched the crazy whitewater.  This was definitely higher and faster than I've ever seen the Platte River running.  But it made for this great little video clip:





Like I said, I was supposed to be doing Kenpo Cardio Plus on Saturday, but never found  the time.  I intended to do it Sunday night instead, since that was supposed to be a rest day.  But after my crash and my second bike ride, I just wasn't feeling ready for a P90X workout.  So, I had to do it tonight instead.  I liked the workout.  Definitely better than the Kenpo workout in the original P90X.  But now I'm a day behind, and need to figure out how to catch back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!