Wednesday, September 18, 2013

P90X+ - Total Body Plus (plus 4.5 mile run)

Another round of P90X+ today.  Not sure if I'm going to be able to stick with this.  It's really beating the hell out of me, and I'm getting really sore.  I've just been really uncomfortable, and having trouble doing normal daily tasks because my arms, chest and shoulders are hurting pretty bad.  Fortunately, tomorrow is Yoga day, so I get a little break.

After work tonight, I had to speed home to get the kids and drive my daughter to soccer practice.  My son came with us tonight, and we just bought him a new bike off Craigslist yesterday, so he was eager to ride it.  I decided to bring him with me so he could do some riding.  While my daughter was at practice, my son and I went for a run/ride.  He rode his bike with me while I ran about 4 1/2 miles.  We had a really good time, and he loves that new bike.  I'll post some pictures of him with the bike in a few days.



After dinner and getting the kids to bed, I headed down to the basement to crank out P90X+ Total Body Plus.  This was yet another pretty tough workout.  Basically, it's a mix of push-up, pull-ups, lunges and weights, in various configurations and combinations.  There is really nothing as simple as plain old push-ups and pull-ups.  I like the variety in this workout.  Like the other P90X+ workouts, you move quickly from move to move, with very little break or explanation between.  This makes the workout go really fast, but can be confusing the first time through.


That being said, I am not feeling all that great, and might prefer the original P90X instead.  The original seemed to have more focus on specific muscle groups, with longer breaks between each type of workout.  For the first three days of P90X plus, there have been a lot of upper body exercises each day, and ab/core work every day.  Although the general focus of each day has been different, they are still using a lot of the same muscles.  Three days in a row without recovery time is a little rough.  But we'll see how I feel after yoga tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!