Monday, September 2, 2013

Couple more rides

I didn't end up posting anything yesterday, but I did end up doing another ride.  Since I did a nice trail-a-bike ride with my daughter on Saturday, it was my son's turn for a ride on Sunday.  He hopped on the trail-a-bike and we rode the smelly Platte River Trail into Denver, stopping at REI and grabbing a drink at Confluence Park.


Stopping for a snack at Commons Park

Then I got up this morning and wanted to get in another ride.  The Lifetime Cycle group has posted a few challenge rides lately, generally time-trial type of rides.  I decided to try my hand at a new 10-mile time trial route they set up.  Before I started, there were only three people listed on the Strava segment for this ride.  When I finished, I ended up in third place out of the four, just missing second place by 4 seconds.  But within a couple hours, the guy in fourth place had ridden it again and moved up to first place.  So, now I'm last out of 4 riders, which is disappointing.  I'm going to have to try again soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!