Monday, September 30, 2013

Change of plans . . .

It's late . . . don't feel like writing much.  But wanted to say my plans have changed.  Done with P90X+ for now.

As I've said before, I am a member of Spinervals.com, a cycling training site utilizing training videos.  I had been trying to figure out what my off-season workout was going to be, and decided to do some bike commuting along with P90X.  But the other night, I got an email from Spinervals with information about their Super6 training program.  This is a 6-month off-season training program utilizing their videos along with a training calendar on TrainingPeaks.com.  I decided that following their program would be better than anything I could come up with.  I like the fact that it mixes in cycling workouts with the occasional day for some running, swimming or weight training.  Seems like it should work well.

Tonight was Day 1 of Super6, which was a Spinervals threshold test.  This is basically a 20-minute time trial effort.  I did this back around the end of February, so it was nice to do it again and compare my efforts.  In February, my total distance for 20 minutes was 6.36 miles with an average speed of 19.1 mph.  Tonight, my distance was 6.53 miles with an average speed of 19.6 mph.  That was a nice little jump.  I assume I'll be doing this test at the beginning of the next phase of the Super6 program.

I've also managed to get in a couple commutes lately, too.

I still plan to do some weight training and some P90X yoga, when it fits into the Super6 program.  But since I decided to join the racing team next year, I think I owe it to them to train right.

Some recent rides:

And I figured it was time to start tracking my weight again.  Been a while, and I've put on about 7 or 8 pounds.  I do much better when I post my weight every day, so here goes...

Today's weigh-in:   181.5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!