Tuesday, September 17, 2013

P90X+ - Interval X Plus (plus 4 mile run)

Day 2 of P90X plus today.  But first I started off with a 4-mile run during my daughter's gymnastics class.  I can't post the data today, since I forgot my GPS at home this time.  But after gymnastics, we came home and made a quick late dinner.  Kids finished homework and went to bed, and I squeezed in Day 2 of P90X+.

Today's workout was called Interval X Plus.  It's a pretty good cardio / plyometric workout.  This really seems to take the place of Plyometrics from the original-recipe P90X.  There are 15 moves, each done for one minute at a time.  Twenty seconds at a low intensity, 20 seconds a little higher, and 20 seconds all out.  There is no break between each move, which really keeps the workout moving.  Then, just when you think you're done, you take a quick water break, and do the whole thing again, in reverse order!

Overall a pretty good workout.  Unfortunately, after today's schedule calls for a follow-up of Abs/Core Plus, just like yesterday.  So, after that 40 minute workout, I had to tack on another 20 minutes of abs and core.  The workout was just as hard as yesterday, but at least I knew the routine a little better, which made it a little easier.

Tomorrow is Total Body Plus.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!