Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ride and run today

Day 2 of the Super6 training program was supposed to include a 1-hour, 5-mile run, and an aerobic bike workout, Spinervals 35.0.  Spinervals 35.0 is a 1-hour technique and aerobic-zone workout.  The training plan also offered the option of a 1-hour road ride instead, so I decided to do that.  My commute is about an hour and a half, total.  I was pretty spent after last night's workout, and didn't have much recovery time before getting up this morning and riding to work.  So, it was a pretty slow, steady ride.  But I suppose it counts.

And this evening, I got in my usual run during my daughter's gymnastics class.  I only managed my typical 4 miles, instead of the 5 miles recommended in the training plan, but that's fine with me.  I'm not a runner.  Four miles is plenty.

I'm having a few bike issues and not sure how to deal with them right now.  As I said yesterday, my mountain bike has a cracked frame.  So that's out of commission.  I need to replace it somehow, but don't really have the money right now.  Veloswap is coming up, and I could get a new frame there, and move all my components to the new frame, but that's a little beyond my abilities.  I may give it a try anyway.  Or, I could just get a whole new bike on Craigslist, for about the same price as I'd pay for a new frame.  Not sure how to move ahead with that.

Also, my road bike needs an overhaul.  I really need to take it to a shop to work the kinks out.  It's making a lot of weird noises, shifting strange, and I need to true the wheels.  I think my crash a week ago messed up my derailleur.  But I'm in the middle of this training routine, and don't really have the time to be without a bike.  I'll have to figure something out.

Here's today's workout info:

Exercise:
  • 28 mile round trip to work, pretty easy ride.  Although I did get passed by a guy on a mountain bike, which annoyed me.  I let him pace me for a while, then passed him again.  Then he rode my wheel for a while, which made me go faster.  It was annoying, and harder than I wanted to ride today.  But I don't like getting passed by big mountain bikes when I'm on my road bike.  I did get a 9th-place overall on one segment, though, so maybe it was good that he was pushing me.
  • 4 mile run during my daughter's gymnastics



Today's weigh-in:  180.4



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!