Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bike commutin'

Late again.  I really should try to write these earlier.  Not going to write much tonight.

Spent most of last week commuting by bike.  27 mile round trip.  Did that 3 times last week.  Chilly, but not too bad.  Sunny and cold is pretty nice for a bike ride.  Should be able to do that all this week, too.

I decided to participate in something called the Icy Bike Winter Commuting Challenge.  Essentially a somewhat informal group united by their intent to bike commute through the winter.  I'm keeping in touch with them on their Strava and Facebook pages, and they have a log online to keep track of everyone's rides.  Seems like it's based nearby, maybe in Boulder or Longmont, so there are a lot of locals participating.  I think I'm pretty well-equipped for winter commuting, but I've still got some things to figure out over the winter.  We'll see how it goes when it gets really cold.

Recent stuff:
  • Tuesday:  27 mile bike commute
  • Wednesday:  27 mile bike commute
  • Friday:  27 mile bike commuet
  • Today:  2 1/2-hours on the trainer, Spinervals 30.0 - Muscular Endurance Plus.  Managed to increase my average speed for this workout from 17.3 mph to 17.7 mph since last time I did it a couple weeks ago.

Don't feel like weighing myself tonight.  Going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!