Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bike fixed!

Well, the mountain bike is still broken.  Really broken.  Not sure what to do about that yet.  But my road bike had seen better days.  I've had it for two years, and it's had a couple tune-ups in that time, but that's about it.  After about 8,000 miles of riding, and a couple crashes, it was time for an overhaul.  Took it in yesterday, got it back this afternoon.  The folks over at Louisville Cyclery did a great job, and the bike it back in tip-top shape.

And just in time for an aerobic workout tonight.  After a day of work, kids sports, dinner, and putting kids to bed, it was time for an 80-minute ride on the trainer.  Today's workout for the Spinervals Super6 program was Aero Base Builder 16.0.

I was really happy with the workout today.  This was intended to be a pretty consistent aerobic-level workout.  Basically, Zone 2.  I managed to stay pretty close to where Coach Troy needed me to be, in terms of heart rate, gearing and cadence.  And I was able to compare my results today with the previous three times I've done this workout, and my performance today was significantly better.  Here is a comparison chart (you'll probably have to click on the image to see it full size, if you want to read it):

Weather is looking pretty crappy tomorrow, so I won't be riding to work.  Not sure if I'll get any riding in this weekend, either.  My wife is traveling for a couple days, so it's just me and the kids.  I'll probably get in a trainer ride, but probably nothing outside.  Who knows, maybe we'll try to get out and see some fall colors or something instead.

Exercise:

Today's weigh-in:  182.0









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!