Sunday, October 6, 2013

Tough workout today

My wife is out of town for the weekend, which means I'm on kid duty.  And being on kid duty means I'm not getting to do any outdoor riding this weekend.  But I managed to keep plenty busy anyway.

Yesterday was my son's football, lunch, movie (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2), dinner, and froyo.  Today was a tough Spinervals workout, lunch, grocery shopping, a jog with my daughter, tossin' the football around with the kids, then dinner.  All in all, a jam-packed weekend.

Oh, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 wasn't very good.  I ended up napping through some of it.  First one was much better.  I really, really wanted to go see Gravity, but I'm pretty sure that's not one I can take the kiddos to.  Have to wait for the next Parent's Night Out for that one.

Today's Spinervals workout was pretty tough.  I just wasn't feeling it.  It was a long one.  Two and a half hours, all in Zone 3.  That's crazy.  Well, it was supposed to be Zone 3.  I just couldn't get there.  My heart was rarin' to go, but my legs just couldn't seem to push hard enough.  I basically ended up in Zone 2 for almost the entire time.  But a 2 1/2 hour Zone 2 workout isn't that bad.  Good aerobic base work, and lots of fat-burning, which I really need.

Looking ahead on the Spinervals Super6 calendar, it looks like I get to do this workout a few more times over the next month or so, so I've got some chances to get it right.

Exercise:
2 1/2 hours on the trainer:  Spinervals 30.0 - Muscular Endurance
2 mile run with my daughter.  We took it pretty slow, as we had bellies full of Chipotle, and she was cramping up quite a bit.  Just a few more days until the Run the Rocks 5K next weekend.  Can't wait!


Today's weigh-in:  179.6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!