Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Couple days worth of posts...

I wrote most of a post yesterday, but never actually published it.  So following is two days worth of posts.

Somehow, a crappy Super Bowl weekend caused me to gain like 5 pounds.  That's just bonkers.  Granted, I ate a lot of crap for about 2 days, but 5 pounds is just stupid.  Hoping that was just a temporary thing, or a scale malfunction, and I'll be back on my game tonight.  We'll see, once I get to the end of this post.

Regular day of work today.  My schedule called for a "wildcard rest day", so I could just do whatever I wanted, or rest.  I decided to get up and do an elliptical workout first thing this morning.  I may also do a little something during my daughter's gymnastics class tonight, we'll see.  But then I won't need to work out after dinner.  Looks like I have a hard week coming up, so this is a good rest before that.

Shopping!

Made a nice purchase today during lunch.  I headed out to the bike shop and picked up a new set of wheels:  Mavic Ksyrium Elite.  These will serve two purposes:  1) A huge upgrade in quality over the stock wheels that came with my bike.  And 2) allows me to use my old wheels as a backup set on race day.  I guess you just throw your name on them, and put them in the service truck that follows the race, so you can quickly throw on a replacement wheel if you get a flat or break a spoke or something.



Being able to quickly switch out a wheel doesn't help much unless it's ready-to-go, so I also picked up a new rear cassette:  Shimano Ultegra 10-speed - 11-23.  This is a step up in quality from my stock Shimano 105 cassette, and with a different gear range.  I'll use the 11-23 on flatter rides, and switch to the 11-28 for races and rides that include a lot of climbing.  I also picked up a new tire for each wheel.  Looking forward to getting these set up on the bike and taking it for a spin!








Tuesday Food:

  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar in the car on the way to the bike shop.
  • Dinner:  Tuesday night is pizza night.  We made a typical pepperoni pizza as well as a spinach/prosciutto white pizza.

Tuesday Exercise:
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical.  4.2 miles.  I kind of took it easy today.

Wednesday Food:

  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar at my desk.
  • Dinner:  Salad with chicken

Wednesday Exercise:
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical.  4.7 miles.
  • 90 minutes on the trainer.  Spinervals 39.0 - Aerobic Base at 10,000 Feet.



Today's weigh-in:  187.6.  That's more like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!