Saturday, February 8, 2014

Easy day

I was supposed to crank out a 40 minute run and a 3-hour ride today.  But we had a few things going on.  First, we had to wait for a guy to show up and finish the install on one of our new windows.  When he didn't show up before my daughter's soccer game, we just left.  Towards the end of the game, the guy called and said he was there.  He hung around until we got home, and installed the window then.

After the window was done, the family headed out to do a little shopping.  My wife broke the shifter on her mountain bike yesterday.  The bike was pushing 25 years old, so rather than fixing it, we decided it was time for a new bike.  So, we headed over to Performance Bike, with a stop for a sandwich on the way.  Picked her up a new GT Avalanche 3.0 with hydraulic disc brakes.  Pretty nice bike, and a massive step up from what she had been riding.

Got home from the shop, and I had to switch her out to a trainer tire, then move the bike computer to the new bike.  But she was finally ready to go, and she managed to get in a nice 1-hour workout.  I didn't have any time for a 3-hour ride, but I squeezed in my run on the elliptical while she was on the bike.  I'll just have to try to do my ride tomorrow.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Corned beef and swiss at Snarf's.  First time I've been there.  Not bad.  Nice to try something new.
  • Dinner:  Buffalo chicken salad, with an extra chicken breast.

Exercise:
  • 40 minutes on the elliptical.  4.6 miles.

Today's weigh-in:  190.2.  This is turning out to be much harder than last year.  Not sure why.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!