Thursday, February 20, 2014

Getting ready for my race

Just a couple days before my first race on Saturday.  And I've got some good news!  My team kit finally showed up!  Sounds like the shipping was delayed by some recent storms, but it finally got here, just in time.  Phew!  I'll get some pictures of me in my kit at my race on Saturday.

I decided to get in a short run today.  Instead of getting up at 5am like I've been doing recently, I brought some stuff to work and went for a run during lunch.  I was basically prepared, but it was a little colder than I expected, and I probably should have had some gloved.  It should warm up a bit before my race.

I didn't want to work out too hard before my race, so today was kind of an easy day on the bike.  I did my hard workout last night, and needed to recover a bit today.  So I got on the bike and just did an easy spin for 45 minutes while cranking through another episode of "Burn Notice".

After my workout, I started getting my bike ready.  I'd been riding on my clip on aero bars, with the time trial seat and seatpost.  So, I took off the aero bars and switched out my seat and seatpost.  I also changed my wheels to the new ones I bought a couple weeks ago.  I'm a little nervous about riding on wheels I've never ridden before, but I am really eager to use these wheels, so I'm going to take the risk.


Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar at my desk after my run.
  • Dinner:  Something called Paleo Joe.  Ground beef, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, garlic, tons of spinach and a bunch of eggs, cooked together like a big skillet meal.  Pretty good.

Exercise:
  • 3.6 mile run at lunch
  • 45 minutes on the bike watching some TV


Today's weigh-in:  188.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!