Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Easy-ish Day

Not really a rest day, but any easier day nonetheless.  I am planning on a hard trainer ride tomorrow, so I didn't want to push it too hard today.  Just an average wake-me-up on the elliptical in the morning, and an easy ride on the trainer tonight.  I didn't put on a Spinervals video this time, just made it up as I went along, while watching an episode of Burn Notice on Netflix.

I registered for this weekend's races today.  On Saturday, I have a hill-climb time-trial in Golden, and on Sunday is my first criterium, also in Golden.  If the weather cooperates, this will be my first full weekend of racing.  Because I have two completely different types of races to deal with, I am going to switch the cassettes on my bike.  I have both an 11-23 and 11-28 cassette.  I want to climb on my 11-28, but the 11-23 is the cassette currently on my racing wheels.  The 11-28 is on my training wheel.  I picked up some tools today to allow me to change the cassette.  I hope to switch them out tomorrow to get ready for Saturday.  Then, after Saturday's hill-climb, I'll have to switch them back, because I want to use the 11-23 for Sunday's crit.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar at my desk when I got back from my little shopping trip
  • Dinner:  As usual, Tuesday is pizza

Exercise:
  • 45 minutes on the elliptical in the morning
  • 45 minutes on the trainer this evening

Today's weigh-in:  184.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!