Sunday, March 23, 2014

Miles and hills

I wasn't racing today, so I thought I'd find some time to just get in some outdoor miles.  The weather was significantly better than yesterday, so it was a good day for it.  That reminds me, here is a shot of the type of weather I had to deal with yesterday:

A truly shitty day.  I think the dude on the front is wearing ski goggles.  I'm waiting to see if the photographer actually has pictures of me, but I'm pretty sure he skipped out before my race started.  Photo courtesy of Dejan Smaic of Sportif Images.


I started the day by giving the bike a good cleaning.  After yesterday, the bike was a mess.  So, once the weather warmed up and the sun came out late this morning, I cleaned it up as best I could.  After some lunch, it was time for a ride.

The local cycle racing organization, BRAC (Bicycle Racing Association of Colorado) just published the official race flyer for the Superior Morgul races in May, and I thought I would check out the road race course.  It is going to consist of a couple laps of hill-climbing.  I've done most of the course before, in pieces, but never the entire course at once.  This seemed like a good opportunity to run a full lap of the course, and just get some decent elevation gain in my legs.  So, I rode from home, did the course, did another lap of just the main climb, then took the long way home.  Made for a really nice ride.  I had a lot of headwind to deal with, so that just made it even tougher.  All in all, a good workout.  I'd like to do this route a few more times before the race in May.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Salad with chicken
  • Dinner:  Didn't really have anything in the house, so we ordered wings.

Exercise:
  • 60 mile ride.  3,500 feet of climbing



Today's weigh-in:  182.8
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!