Monday, March 17, 2014

Strendurance Workout E

Today I decided to step up to Strendurance Workout E, the next step in this progression.  I'll be doing this workout probably twice a week for the next two or three weeks.  Here's the rundown:

Warm-up:
  • Flix - 30 seconds
  • Squats - 30 seconds
  • Jumping jacks - 30 seconds
  • 12 squat thrusts

Set 1 (x3)
  • 30 seconds of push-ups
  • 30 seconds of dumbbell rows
  • 30 seconds of mountain climbers

Set 2 (x3)
  • 30 seconds of squats
  • 3 plyometric jumps
  • 30 seconds of overhead shoulder presses
  • 30 seconds of high-knee running

Set 3 (x3)
  • 30 seconds of v-sits (kind of a sit-up type of thing)
  • 30 seconds of back hyperextensions on the stability ball
  • 30 seconds of crunches on the stability ball
  • 30 seconds of plank

Set 4
  • 12 squat thrusts
  • 12 push-ups
  • 12 squats
  • 3 plyometric jumps
  • 30 seconds of jumping jacks

Every workout in the Strendurance progression gets a little harder, either by doing more reps, or adding more weight to the rep.  I was wondering how they were going to keep increasing the intensity of the workout while staying around the usual 30-minute workout length.  Easy answer:  they didn't.  This workout ended up being a little more than 35 minutes.

One thing I like about these Strendurance workouts is how they give you a hard strength-building workout while still keeping the heart pumping hard.  Quickly switching from move-to-move certainly helps, but throwing in the jumping jacks, high-knees and plyo jumps certainly helps.

Oh, and I got my results from this weekend's crit, and I was right;  I ended up in 15th, out of 25.


Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch: Protein bar at my desk.  Boo!
  • Dinner:  Couple pieces of pizza.

Exercise:
  • Strendurance Workout E
  • Spinervals 28.0 - Aero Base Builder VI



Today's weigh-in:  182.4



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!