Friday, March 21, 2014

Ready for a race weekend

If the weather holds out, I will be racing tomorrow.  This weekend's race is part of the University of Colorado race weekend.  Tomorrow is a hill-climb circuit race.  It's pretty short, overall.  Each lap is 3.4 miles, with 640 feet of elevation gain, and the Cat 5 race is 4 laps.  Actually, I should say this is actually a Cat 4/5 race, which will be interesting.  So, I'm not just racing against fellow Cat 5s this time.  I don't have very high expectations for this race.  But it will be a good workout, and hopefully another finish to count toward my upgrade to Cat 4.

I didn't want to work out much today, to keep the legs ready for tomorrow.  So, I didn't have to wake up super-early, which was nice.  I got in about a 1/2-hour walk at lunch, but offset that by eating lunch at Qdoba.  My daughter had soccer tonight, and my son came with us.  I convinced him to bring his bike, and he rode along with me as I ran laps around the field.  It was pretty cold, so we weren't out there very long.  The practice was 90 minutes, but my son got really cold, so we eventually had to head back to the car to warm up and wait for practice to be over.  My fault for not bringing gloves for everyone.  Oops.

Hopefully, my run won't hurt my legs too much before tomorrow's race.  The race is at 3:15pm, so I have plenty of time to give them a rest.  If I had a 9am race or something, it might be a different story.  Come back tomorrow to find out how I did.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie.
  • Lunch:  Steak tacos at Qdoba.
  • Dinner:  We decided to go out.  The kids wanted Firehouse Subs.  I really didn't want a sub, so I got a salad.  It sucked.  I wish I had just gotten a sub.

Exercise:
  • 30 minute walk at lunch.
  • 45 minute run during soccer practice.  4.2 miles.


Today's weigh-in:  185.4.  What the hell?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!