Friday, March 28, 2014

Tired legs

I've ridden my bike to work 4 days in a row.  Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal.  It's actually kind of nice because 1) I don't have to worry about parking at the office, and 2) it keeps me off the trainer at home.  On top of my daily bike commutes, I've run a couple times this week, too.  But there is one problem:  My legs are really tired.  This week has been a bit windy, so my easy commutes were sometimes pretty difficult struggles against the wind.

Again, normally not a big deal, but this year I have to deal with a race schedule.  This weekend I have a Saturday race to get ready for.  Fortunately, it's not until about 4pm, so I have a good long rest before my race.  I was just looking at the current field of racer on the USAC web site, and it looks like we have a large field of really good  racers, so it's going to be pretty interesting.  The race will be a Cat 4/5 field, so I don't have very high expectations going in.  If I'm anywhere near the front, I assume I'll be working for one of the team's Cat 4 guys that will be out there.  At this point, it looks like we will be fielding a team of 4, consisting of me and three Cat 4 racers.  I'm just hoping I can hang in there with the group and don't embarrass myself.

So, I guess I'm going to try to take it a little easy on my ride home tonight, and won't be doing any kind of running at my daughter's soccer practice.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Chicken Caesar salad
  • Dinner:  Big-ass burger at Smashburger.  Went to dinner with my daughter after her soccer practice.  Her choice.  They have salads, but I had one once, and it was awful.

Exercise:
  • Commute

Today's weigh-in:  182.2 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!