Monday, March 31, 2014

Recovery day

I planned to go for a ride this morning, but my legs were pretty tired.  And I had some plans for the afternoon, so I needed to take care of things like grocery shopping and laundry.  So, I ended up relaxing a bit this morning.

We managed to get some free tickets for the whole family to go see the Harlem Globetrotters downtown today, so that took up most of the afternoon.  Once we got home, I managed to squeeze in a run before dinner.  After a filling dinner at Old Chicago, and dessert at Yogurt Yum, I came home and cranked out a strength workout with Strendurance Workout E.  I was really looking forward to this one, because I missed one of my planned strength workouts last week.

The family, doing a little YMCA at the Harlem Globetrotters.


I plan to get in some good rides to work this week, and maybe some lunchtime rides.  My race next weekend isn't until Sunday, so I should be able to ride most of the week, and still get in a good rest day on Saturday before the Sunday race.  More info about the race later in the week.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Salad with chicken
  • Dinner:  Big, bad dinner.  Calzone at Old Chicago
  • Dessert:  Froyo

Exercise:
  • 4.4 mile run
  • Strendurance Workout E


Today's weigh-in:  183.6



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!