Saturday, March 8, 2014

Race tomorrow....

So, today's race was canceled due to icy conditions.  Hoping they reschedule, but no word yet.  We'll see.

Tomorrow is the time trial that got postponed last weekend.  I'm looking forward to it, mostly because I just want to get out and ride, to see how I do.  And regardless of how I do, a time trial is a good workout anyway.  And I could use a good workout.  I didn't really do any real hard trainer rides this week.

With my criterium canceled today, I was able to relax a little, with limited craziness.  If I had to go to the crit, it was going to get pretty hectic.  This afternoon, after lunch, I was able to go for a nice ride in an effort to keep my legs moving a bit.  In addition to getting some miles in my legs, I also wanted to make sure I was comfortable on my clip-on aero bars before tomorrow's time trial.  So I did a nice 20-mile loop that I like to do when I have about an hour of free time.

I was really happy with today's ride.  I don't know if it was the aero bars or the legs, but I completed that route significantly faster than I ever have before.  And I burned far fewer calories than the other times I've done that route.  So I guess that's a really good sign.  I hope it translates into a good result tomorrow.  Stay tuned.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Steak salad from Chipotle
  • Dinner:  buffalo wings.  Probably not the best idea.  But my daughter is at a sleepover, so we let my son decide what we were going to do for dinner tonight.

Exercise:
  • 22-mile bike ride, in my aero position.

Today's weigh-in:  189.0.  Ouch.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!