Saturday, June 22, 2013

Big ride today

Got in a nice ride today.  This was a climb of Golden Gate Canyon out in the foothills.  Really happy with the ride.  I did this same ride last August, and my results today really blow last year's results out of the water.  The main portion of this ride is an 18-mile climb up Golden Gate Canyon.  Last year, I made the climb in 2 hr 17 min.  Today was 1 hr 48 min.  That's huge.

The other climb of the day was a 3.3 mile climb from Pinecliff to Wondervu.  Last year was 27 minutes.  Today was 18:54.  Another huge jump.

Self-portrait, on the way up Golden Gate Canyon.

This is why I love Colorado.

I've got another ride coming up tomorrow, with the Lifetime Fitness Cycle Club.  It's a 44 mile ride in town, without any real huge climbs.  That's why I wanted to get in a good climb today.  I'm looking forward to riding with the club again, but a little annoyed that they weren't doing a really hard "A" ride.  I really need to get in some good hard rides before the Triple Bypass.  If I can't get those kind of rides from Lifetime, I'll just have to go out on my own.

Oh, and remember when I mentioned I did the P90X Ab Ripper X video the other day?  Oh man, that is still killing me.  It's actually getting worse by the day.  I thought it would be getting better, not worse.  Ugh.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Subway on the way back from my morning ride.  6" spicy italian.
  • Dinner:  Buffalo Wild Wings, after taking the kids to see Monsters University.  OK movie.  Wings were delicious.

Exercise:
  • 54 mile ride, with some good climbing.  Really nice training ride.


Today's weigh-in:  175.8



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!