Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Riding to work!

Tomorrow is Bike To Work Day in Denver, but I got started early and rode to work today.  First, though, I had to get the kids to their day care.  So, the kids and I had a nice morning ride to day care, until they realized they both forgot their backpacks.  My wife had to stop by later and drop off their backpacks.  But after that little hiccup, everything went smoothly.

Well, almost smoothly.  Turns out, I hadn't thought ahead about shaving.  I got to work and took a shower, but hadn't planned on how to shave.  I didn't shave at home before I left, and didn't have a shaver or razor at work.  So, I was a little scruffy today.  Tomorrow, I'll probably shave at home before I head out the door.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Cheesesteak.  I figured I deserved it for riding to work.
  • Dinner:  Zucchini pizza boats.  Awesome.  We had these a few months ago, too, but haven't been able to get a hold of big enough zucchini lately.  Finally, we got some big zucchini at the farmer's market, so we were able to make these again.

Exercise:
  • Riding to work, and . . .
  • . . . riding home from work.  Looking below, you'll see that the distances are a little different.  This morning, I forgot to turn on my bike computer until I left the kids day care, but this afternoon, I had it turned on until I got home.  That's also why the average speeds are so different.

 

Today's weigh-in:  173.4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!