Thursday, June 20, 2013

Busted out some P90x

I had a meeting up in Estes Park this afternoon.  Since I basically drive past my house on the way home, I just came home instead of going back to work.  I came home, did a quick clothing switcheroo, and jumped on the bike for another 20 mile ride.  I felt a lot better today than I did yesterday.  My average speed yesterday was 17.6, today was 19.0.  Much better.

After a good dinner, and a walk with the dog, I decided to get out the old P90x videos.  Because of my still-recovering arm, there wasn't much I could do.  But I figured I could crank out a quick Ab Ripper X.  It's probably been at least a year since I've done that.  Oh man, that was rough.  I really need to get those muscles back into shape.  I could barely do half of the reps in each set.  And right now, my core is spent.  I can't even sit up straight; I'm just falling over.  Ugh.

That's not me.



Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar on the way back from my meeting
  • Dinner:  Some lamb chops we picked up from the farmer's market last weekend.  Awesome.  Salt/pepper/garlic/oregano marinade, cooked on the grill, and served with some mint-apple jelly.  It was fantastic.

Exercise:
  • 22 mile bike ride
  • 15 minute ab explosion with P90x Ab Ripper X.  I'm definitely going to be feeling that tomorrow.


Today's weigh-in:  173.8.  Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!