Sunday, June 30, 2013

End of Month 6

Today marks the end of 6 months of weight loss.  I'm pretty happy with where I am right now.  I still have a little more weight to lose to get to my goal, but I'm oh so close.  I have about 8 more pounds to lose to get to my goal of 165 lbs.  I had planned to hit that target by July 13, but I just don't think that's going to happen.  But that's ok.  My main reason for setting that goal was because I knew I needed to drop a lot of weight in order to complete the Triple Bypass ride on July 13.  But after recent rides, I feel pretty comfortable with my fitness at this point, and think I'm ready to do the ride at my current weight if I have to. My goal is still 165 lbs, but I'll get there when I get there.

Did a ride with Lifetime Fitness this morning.  It was a nice 50-mile ride on some roads I haven't been on before.  It was pretty nice, with some great views of the foothills.  I was really happy with the ride.  My average speed was 19.5 mph, which is pretty awesome for me.  I pulled ahead of the main group with a guy named Alex, and we never saw the main group again.  I was pulling most of the ride, with Alex right behind me.  I was always worried that maybe I wasn't riding fast enough for him, so that motivated me to just push it the whole ride.

The Lifetime Fitness group this morning, before we headed out.


After relaxing at home for the afternoon, I also managed to squeeze in a run after dinner.  My legs were pretty tired after all the riding this weekend, so it was a pretty slow run.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  A couple tamales
  • Dinner:  Spaghetti squash with italian sausage, pepper and onion.  Much better than I expected.

Exercise:
  • 50 mile ride with Lifetime Fitness.
  • 3.1 mile run around the neighborhood this evening.


Today's weigh-in:  172.4





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!