Monday, June 17, 2013

Ready to ride

This evening, I decided to take the bike out for a spin around the neighborhood to see how it felt.  Everything seemed really good to me, and I think I'm ready to get back on the road.  I've got some things going on at work for the next couple days, but I hope to be able to ride my bike to work later this week.  We'll see.  I really want to get off the trainer and back outside.  The trainer is great in the winter, but the weather is too nice right now to spend all my time riding in the garage.

My legs have been killing me for the last couple days.  Another reason to get back on the bike.  That 10k I ran the other day really did a number on my legs.  I haven't been taking my glucosamine lately, so I'm sure that's a part of it.  When I hopped on my bike yesterday for my training ride, my knees hurt really bad, but I pushed through it.  This evening, I went for a run during my daughter's gymnastics class, and once I was done, my legs hurt even worse.  I figure if I stick to less than 4 miles, a couple times a week, I should be fine.  But beyond that just won't work for me.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar at my desk
  • Dinner:  Couple chicken tamales that we picked up at the farmer's market yesterday.  Yummy!  Man, I love tamales.

Exercise:
  • 3.4 mile run during my daughter's gymnastics class


Today's weigh-in:  177.0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!