Friday, June 7, 2013

Decision time . . .

I'm not sure what to do...

I went to the ortho doc today for a follow-up.  My arm is healing nicely, which was good news.  The bad news is that I'm still restricted, and not supposed to lift anything more than a pound.  And I'm going back to see him again on July 5.  That's only a week before the Triple Bypass.  This means that for the next month, I will most likely not be doing any riding, limited to working out on my trainer instead.  I am pretty confident that I can be back on the road riding my bike by July 13, but I will have missed a whole lot of training in the meantime.

I really don't have a lot of confidence that I can pull off a 120-mile ride, with 10,000 feet of climbing, with no actual training on the road.  Spending time on my trainer will help, but that is just not the same as being on the road.

I have a few more weeks to make a final decision.  But they don't offer refunds for this ride.  My only options are to try to do the ride, or to try to transfer my registration to someone else.  I have until July 7 to transfer my registration, but that means trying to find someone to buy it from me.  If it comes down to that, I guess I'll have to hit up Facebook and Craigslist to see if I can find a buyer.  I'll take a few more days to think about it.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Cheesesteak.  I know, I'm bad.  I really just need to find something else to do at lunchtime.
  • Dinner:  Italian sausage and pepper skewers

Exercise:
  • 3.25 mile run.  The kids were with me, on their bikes.  Got a PR for the 1/2-mile, 2nd or 3rd best times for other distances.
  • 45 minutes on the trainer


Today's weigh-in:  177.2




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!