Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I'm back in the saddle (again)

Finally!  It's been about 5 weeks, but today my arm finally felt good enough to get back on the bike again and go for a real ride.  And to top it off, I did some lap swimming, too!

I had a meeting this afternoon, and got out too late to go back to work, so I came home and hopped on the bike.  Went for about a 20-mile-plus ride and felt pretty good the whole time.  I was going a little slower than before, but I think it may have been the headwind more than the lack of training.  We'll see how I do on some rides over the next week, to see if I've lost any speed.

Then, because it was such a hot day today, went went to the pool at Lifetime after dinner.  My wife was in her usual class, the kids were playing tag together in the pool, and I decided to swim some laps.  I managed to get in 800 meters of swimming, which is more than I'd done at one time before, but I was swimming quite a bit longer than my previous times.  I was definitely going slow, to take it easy on the arm.  But it was nice and relaxing, and I enjoyed it.  My speed will pick up over time.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Had a meeting right around lunchtime.  Probably should have eaten a protein bar in the car, like usual.  Instead, I found a Chipotle nearby, and had a steak fajita burrito.  Definitely tastier than a protein bar.
  • Dinner:  Some sausage kabobs.  Cajun andouille sausages, green and yellow peppers, and red onion.

Exercise:
  • 21 mile ride before dinner.  Woo hoo!
  • 800 meters in the outdoor lap pool at Lifetime.  First time I've used their outdoor lap pool.  So nice.


Today's weigh-in:  177.4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!