Saturday, June 1, 2013

June. Time to get crackin'

Quick post today.  We had a lot going on today, and we'll have a lot going on tomorrow.  But I wanted to make sure I posted something tonight.

We kicked off June the right way, with me running another 5k with my 8-year old daughter.  We ran the Taste of Louisville 5k, which was a lot of fun.  And we beat our time from the last 5k by about a minute or so.  Once again, Caitlin posted her fastest times for almost all the distances that Strava measures.  She got her personal records (PRs) for 400m, 1k, 1/2-mile, 1 mile, 2-mile and 5k.  She finished 7th out of 10 in the girls 1-12 age group.  And all the girls that beat her were 10, 11 and 12.  So, I think that is a pretty respectable result.  And she's still having fun, too.

The rest of the day consisted of running a lot of errands, including going to dinner with my wife for our anniversary tonight.  But I managed to squeeze in a 45-minute ride on the trainer.  My arm felt a little better today, and I was able to move the shift levers on the bike a little bit.  Hopefully, I'll be back to doing my regular training videos soon.  And back on the road soon after that.  We'll see.

Tomorrow is the Elephant Rock ride down in Castle Rock.  Should be a fun day out with the family.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.  It was really early, and I was the only one awake, so I didn't want to wake everyone up by turning on the blender to make a smoothie.
  • Lunch:  Steak fajita burrito from Chipotle.
  • Dinner:  Anniversary dinner with my wife.  Went to a place called Asti D' Italia.  Had some penne with italian sausage.
  • After dinner:  Dinner was really fast, so we had to find other things to do while the kids were at Parents Night Out at Lifetime.  We got some frozen yogurt, shopped a little, then hung out at the bar at the Cheeky Monk drinking some expensive Belgian beers.

Exercise:
  • Taste of Louisville 5k.  Running these 5ks with my daughter is fun, but not really much of a challenge.  We run together, so I just go at her pace.  We typically run at about an 11:00 min/mile pace.  When I run alone, I'm closer to 9:15 or 9:30 min/mile.  So, definitely slower.  But I'm not out to win, I just enjoy the time with my daughter.
  • 45 minutes on the trainer, watching an episode of Burn Notice on Netflix.  The pilot I watched the other night was pretty long, and was a little over an hour workout.  The regular episodes look like they're all made for 1-hour television, so only about 40 minutes of actual show.  I'd prefer to ride longer, so I may watch two episodes per training session, or maybe an episode of Burn Notice followed by an episode of a half-hour show.


 


Today's weigh-in: 184.4




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!