Monday, June 3, 2013

Elephant Rock

Today was supposed to be my first big organized ride of the year.  It's the annual Elephant Rock ride down in Castle Rock.  I was planning to do the 62-mile route with a bunch of people from work.  My wife and the kids were going to do the 8-mile family ride, and we'd meet up at the end.  Unfortunately, due to my arm, there was no way I could ride the 62-mile route.  And, looking back on it now, I probably shouldn't have done the 8-mile route either.  I ended up in a lot of pain, and really regretted it.


All smiles before the ride.
Enjoying a break at the turn-around.

Me and the wifey.

Check out the cool Davis Partnership bike jersey.
After the ride, we went to a co-worker's house nearby for some beers and a cookout.  Unfortunately, we had to miss the cookout portion of the day, because my wife and daughter scored some free tickets to see Taylor Swift tonight, so we needed to get back home.

No time to type anything else.  It's late.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.  Again, didn't feel like making smoothies.
  • Lunch:  Some pretty terrible bbq chicken at Elephant Rock.  Some fruit and a couple beers at a co-worker's house after the ride.
  • Dinner:  Smashburger with my son while my wife and daughter were at the concert.

Exercise:
  • Not sure it really counts, but 8 miles of riding at Elephant Rock.  And it was a slooow 8 miles.  And I probably did more harm than good.  My arm was hurting pretty bad, and I really should not have done it.  If I was riding, I was fine, but starting and stopping caused problems.  There was just no way to do that with one arm.  And getting the bikes on and off the car was a big problem.


Today's weigh-in:  184.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!