Sunday, June 16, 2013

Spinervals 26.0 - The Hardcore 87.1

Spinervals 26.0 is actually called The Hardcore 100, the idea being that if you ride the entire 5 1/2 hours at a speed of about 18 mph, you will end up riding 100 miles.  I was only able to manage 87.1 miles, but I'm still pretty happy with that.  87 miles on a trainer is nothing to sneeze at.  My actual average speed was a little faster, but I didn't pause the computer during my breaks, and I had a really long break where I was with the family opening some Father's Day gifts.

I'd rather be out on the road, of course, but I really needed to get in some serious miles before the Triple Bypass next month.  I'm feeling pretty good, and should be back on the road before you know it.

I'm not too confident in my weight today, despite riding almost 90 miles over 5 1/2 hours this morning.  After the ride, I drank a ton, and had a big lunch and dinner.  We'll see.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Bowl of Special K with half a banana.  Didn't want to run the blender since it was early and everyone was sleeping.
  • Lunch:  Steak fajita burrito at Chipotle
  • Dinner:  Some pizza at Old Chacago
  • Dessert:  Jolly Rancher Popsicle.  The best popsicles ever.

Exercise:
  • 87 miles on the trainer.  Spinervals 26.0 - The Hardcore 100.


Today's weigh-in: 177.8



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!