Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 33 - Kind of an off day

So, today was an interesting day.  It started pretty normal.  A trip to Lifetime for everyone.  The kids were doing Kids Play, my wife was in a yoga class, and I did a pretty good spinning class.  But here's the thing . . . as a part of our membership at Lifetime Fitness, we get a MyHealthScore assessment, and tomorrow is the day.  This is a kind of lifestyle/metabolic assessment.  And there are all kinds of rules:
  • fast for 10-12 hours before the assessment
  • no exercise for 24 hours
  • no caffeine
  • . . . and so on
My assessment is at noon tomorrow.  This means, starting at about noon today, no exercise.  And after dinner tonight, no food.  So, while I was happy to get in a good spin class this morning, I wasn't allowed to get in a usual evening workout.

To make matters worse, I guess, tonight was a Parents Night Out at Lifetime.  So, we got to drop off the kids for 4 hour of swimming, playing and pizza, and my wife and I got to go out to dinner.  First time at dinner without the kids, maybe since last summer.  We had wanted to see a movie, too, but just couldn't find something good with showtimes that worked out right.  Maybe next time.  We ended up having a great dinner at Cheeky Monk Belgian Beer Café.   It was delicious, but in no way was healthy.

In short, less exercise + more food does not equal weight loss.  (I tried to include a not-equal symbol there, but can't figure out how to do it).

After our assessment tomorrow, I should be back into the swing of things.  It's going to be tough not eating breakfast, though.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit/protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar
  • Dinner:  Oh man.  Pretzel bites with mustard.  Awesome bacon cheeseburger.  And we split a cinnamon belgian waffle for dessert.  And a couple Belgian beers.  It's going to take some time to work that off.

Exercise:
  • My usual morning routine
  • 60-minute spin class, doing a hill-climbing workout.

Today's weigh-in:  206.0

 Disappointing, but not unexpected.  Back in the swing of things tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!