Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 7 - Day 6 - Back outside!

Another beautiful day in Denver, so I got to ride outside again, instead of inside on the trainer.  I decided to ride from the beginning of the Clear Creek Trail all the way to Flagstaff Mountain in Golden. 

I've ridden the length of the Clear Creek Trail before, but I typically turn around when I get to the end.  Today, I decided to keep going and ride through Golden and head up Lookout Mountain.  I made it quite a bit of the way up, and if I had known how close I was to the top, I probably would have kept going.  But it had been a long day.  I suspect most of the people climbing Lookout Mountain were there just for the climb, and I had already ridden 20 miles just to get there.  The climb wasn't bad; long, but not steep.  Lots of bikes, not many cars.  I look forward to doing it again.

I eventually called it quits at one of the parking areas on a switchback.  I didn't have a good idea of how much farther I had to go, and I had been riding for a while.  My wife wasn't feeling well, and was stuck home with the kiddos, so I figured I should probably turn around and head back.  Once I got back, I took the kids off her hands for a while, and we headed over to Lifetime Fitness for about an hour at the climbing wall.  The kids really love climbing, and it's so easy to head over there for a quick few routes.  They have an auto-belay system on some of the routes, so I can just get them clipped in and they can climb away while I recover from my ride.

My daughter rockin' the rock wall.
Food:
  • Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs with cheese, peppers and bacon.
  • Lunch:  Oops.  Poor timing on my bike ride.  Lunchtime was right in the middle of my ride.  All I had was some ride food, like some handfuls of mixed nuts.
  • Dinner:  Pan-grilled pork chops with grilled pineapple salsa.  One of my favorites!

Exercise:
  • 3-hour, 46-mile bike ride.  Clear Creek Trail and Lookout Mountain.  Strava report HERE.

Today's weigh-in:  197.4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!