Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week 8 - Day 3

Quick post tonight.  It's late and I want to get some sleep.

Just finished a new workout.  Spinervals 21.0 - Aero Base Builder IV.  I really liked this one.  Just one continuous hour of steady-state aerobic training.  Basically keeping the heart rate in the same place for an hour, with no recovery periods.  Now, as I've mentioned, after my CardioPoint test at Lifetime, I'm not sure where my heart rate is supposed to be, because I didn't believe the results of their test.  So, instead of keeping my heart rate in the 160s per the test results, I was comfortably in the mid 150s, which seems like a nice aerobic workout for me.

I actually scheduled a re-test of my CardioPoint assessment since I didn't believe the previous results.  I'll be getting that done on March 2nd, and I'm interested to see if it comes out any different.

Food:
  • Breakfast: Fruit / protein smoothie.  Really good today.  Pear, strawberry and peach, with the usual spinach, carrot, egg and protein powder mixed in.
  • Lunch:  Catered box lunch during a lunchtime meeting.  Chicken salad on a croissant, chips and a cookie.  And a Coke.
  • Dinner:  Baked salmon and Brussels sprouts.  Think this was only the second time in my life I've ever had Brussels sprouts.  Hopefully it will be another 25 years before I have them again.  Blech.

Exercise:

Today's weigh-in: 196.2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!