Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 34 - My Health Score

Another day with a kind of out-of-the-ordinary schedule.  Hopefully the rest of this week will be back to normal.

Today, my wife and I had our My Health Score assessments at Lifetime Fitness.  This involves some basic fitness tests, along with some blood tests, to get an overall view of our health.  Then they boil it all down into one number.  I got a 76/100, which was a little surprising.  I thought I would have been a little higher.  I got docked some points for a very-slightly high glucose level.  I had a 101.  If I had been at 99, I would have been within the "good" range, and it wouldn't have cost me any points.  I also got docked 16 points for body fat %.  Of course, this wasn't surprising.  After all, that's the whole reason I'm doing all this.  I was at 30.2%.  I would like to be at 25% or below.  If I do this assessment again in a few months, I expect my score to be much higher.

The reason the schedule was so screwed up was because we needed to fast for 10-12 hours before the test, and couldn't exercise for 24-hours before the test.  So, after yesterday morning's spin class, I was done.  And after last night's delicious, but absolutely unhealthy, dinner, we were done eating.  No breakfast today, and my assessment was at noon.  Lisa's was at 1:00.  So we didn't leave the gym until around 2:30 this afternoon.  And then it was football-time. 

I managed to get on the bike after dinner though.  And get this:  I had a flat tire again.  This is really starting to piss me off.  I blame it all on the tires.  These tires are nearly impossible to get off and on the bike, it's ridiculous.  I think I damage the tubes prying the tires on and off.  The tires that came on the bike are Vittoria Zaffiro wire-beads, and they require a ton of effort to deal with.  After a debacle last week trying to deal with flats, I decided to watch a few YouTube videos on changing tires to see what I was doing wrong.  I watched the videos, and these guys are just popping tires on and off like they were rubber bands.  That is definitely not happening with my tires.  So, during a trip to REI the other day, I bought a Continental Gatorskin foldable-bead tire.  After my flat tonight, I decided to put this tire on the bike instead.  And let me tell you, it went on like a dream.  No tools required.  It was like magic.  And as a bonus, it's quite a bit quieter on my trainer, too.

All right, enough chit-chat.  Down to business:

Food:
  • No breakfast.  Ugh.
  • Lunch:  We ate late.  Decided not to eat at Lifetime, so we grabbed Chipotle on the way home.  Steak salad.  I love the dressing they have for their salads.
  • Superbowl snack:  Shrimp and cocktail sauce, apple and orange
  • Dinner:  Baked tilapia, with a side of asparagus.

Exercise:
  • Does one trip up the rock wall at Lifetime count?  I took the kids to the rock wall while we were waiting for Lisa to finish her assessment, and I couldn't resist getting one climb in.
  • 80-minute Spinervals workout.  Spinervals 17.0 - Aero Base Builders 2.  Strava report HERE.



Today's weigh-in:  204.2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!