Thursday, February 7, 2013

Week 6 - Day 3

Not much to say today.  Generally uneventful.  Pretty busy at work today, so I didn't get to take a lunchtime walk.

The past couple weekends, we've had great weather, but for various reasons, I haven't been able to get in a good outdoor ride.  I don't have much going on this weekend, so I was thinking I was finally going to have a good weekend to ride, but now it looks like it's going to be snowing.  Damn.  More indoor riding.  Truthfully, I probably get a better workout indoors, since I have much more control over my exact workout.  But sometimes I just want to ride, and not focus so much on the training.  I have to keep in mind that even though the weather is generally ok, it's still winter, and I shouldn't expect too much.  Spring will be here soon enough.

Food:
  • Breakfast: Fruit / protein smoothie.  I bought a couple more mangoes last night, and decided to give it another try.  This morning, I was able to slice up a mango pretty successfully, although I think I still need some work.  By the way, the mango smoothies are really good.
  • Lunch: Protein bar at my desk.
  • Snack:  A few handfuls of dry roasted peanuts.
  • Dinner:  Some kind of Mediterranean-crusted salmon fillets, and some mixed vegetables with a garlic seasoning

Exercise:

The other day, I showed a screenshot of Garmin Connect, comparing some of my rides.  Below is another screenshot from Garmin Connect, showing the last 3 times I've done the Spinervals 16.0 workout.  As you can see, I am burning more calories and going a farther distance in the same amount of time.  However, now that I think about this a bit more, real progress would actually be going a farther distance but burning the same amount, or fewer, calories.  The idea behind this workout is that my heart rate is supposed to basically stay the same, so I should be burning almost the same amount of calories each time.  I'll have to look at that a little closer.




Today's weigh-in: 201.8


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!