Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 6 - Day 5

Well, I'd rather be riding outside on the weekends, but it looks like I just need to accept the fact that I'm going to be doing a lot of indoor riding for a while.  We went to Lifetime again today, and theoretically I had some time after we got back to go for a ride, but by then it was snowing.  So I ended up doing two different rides today, a spinning class at Lifetime, and a ride on my trainer at home this afternoon.  And in between, I did a little rock climbing with the kiddos at the Lifetime Fitness rock wall.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Chipotle steak salad
  • Dinner:  Saturday night, so we went out.  Old Chicago again, and I stuffed myself.  Pizza, jalapeno soft pretzel and some Dr. Pepper.

Exercise:
  • 45 minutes spinning class at Lifetime Fitness.  Aerobic endurance session.  I found myself disagreeing with the instructor on how she was handling the class.  Even though it was supposed to be an aerobic class, she kept pushing harder and encouraging speeding up without reducing resistance, forcing the heart rate up into the "gray area" around the anaerobic threshold, which shouldn't happen in an aerobic workout.  So, I just did my own thing, keeping my heart rate where it needed to be, regardless of what she was telling us to do.  I also disagreed with her comments about eating/drinking recovery nutrition after the workout, which shouldn't be necessary after an aerobic workout.  After a high-intensity anaerobic or strength workout, yet, but not after an aerobic workout.  You should just need some fluids to get some water and electrolytes to replace what you just sweated out.
  • After the spin class, we took to kids to the rock wall for about an hour.  I spent most of the time belaying or otherwise helping the kiddos, but got in a couple routes myself.
  • I decided my spin class didn't give me enough of a workout for today, so I did another 50 minutes or so at home, with Spinervals On the Road 1.0, a "virtual reality" video workout which involves Coach Troy riding, and a camera following him to make it feel like we're riding along with him.  I actually enjoyed it.  We did a ride around the rolling hills of northern Maryland in autumn.  In terms of the workout, it was similar to other aerobic Spinervals videos, but without having to just watch people on trainers in a gym or other indoor setting.  Strava report HERE.

Today's weigh-in:  199.4
Body fat: 29.8%

I decided I'm going to try to post my body fat% once a week, if I remember.  It's not going to change very quick, so posting daily doesn't make much sense.  I'd like to get it down to 25% or lower.

Stay tuned tomorrow for some craziness.  Hint:  No exercise and a lot of spitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!