Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week 6 - Day 1

Five weeks down, a lot more weeks to go.

So, yesterday was kind of a back to normal day, but today was truly a normal day.  Morning workout, walk at lunch, and riding the trainer in the evening.  And my normal food regimen as well.

Today, I also decided to do an anaerobic bike workout instead of the anaerobic workouts I've been doing.  My plan right now is to do mostly aerobic workouts to concentrate on fat-burning, but to also try to get in one anaerobic workout and one hill-climbing workout per week, for variety.  That regimen may be adjusted a little over time, but I think this will work best for me right now.

In addition to Strava, I also track my workouts on Garmin Connect.  Like Strava, Garmin Connect uploads data from my Garmin bike computer to their web site, where I can analyze the stats of my ride.  One of the nice features of Garmin connect is to compare different workouts side-by-side.  I just compared today's Spinervals session to the last two times I've done that workout, and it was nice to see that each time I did the workout, I managed to go just a little farther, while burning the same or fewer calories.  Click the image below for a blow-up of the Garmin chart.


And, just so you can see the type of data you get from Garmin Connect, HERE is a PDF of the analysis of this evening's ride.  This was just on a trainer, but for outdoor rides with GPS information, you get even more data.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit/protein smoothies.  On the advice of a trainer at Lifetime Fitness, we've stopped putting bananas in our smoothies, and for the last couple days opted for avocado instead.  It changed the taste a little, but not much.  We've used our two avocados, so for the next few days we're going to try other things that might not be as healthy as avocado, but should be better than banana.  Maybe some mango or pear.
  • Lunch:  Protein bar
  • Snack:  Some dry-roasted peanuts
  • Dinner:  Spicy Peanut Chicken Wrap

Exercise:

Today's weigh-in: 203.0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!