Thursday, February 28, 2013

Week 9 - Day 3 - End of Month 2

It's the end of February.  Two months down, 30 pounds lighter, and 4 1/2 months until the Triple Bypass.  I'm really happy with how things are going so far.  Besides the weight loss, I just plain feel better, with less joint pain, and I'm a lot stronger on the bike.  Although I lost 20 pounds in January and only about 10 pounds in February, I think I'm still doing really well.  The initial weight loss is much easier, and my now-slower pace was completely expected.  However, I'd still like to maintain a pace of about 2 pounds per week for the next few months to get me to where I need to be.

I also need to get back to my morning workouts.  I've skipped that for a few days.  I really start the day much better when I get that workout in, so I need to work on getting to bed a little earlier to make sure I can get up and get moving early in the morning.  I've mentioned before that my bike rides are typically after the kids go to bed, so I'm already up late, and then sitting down to write these posts.  There's just a lot to squeeze into a short amount of time.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar
  • Dinner:  Grilled chicken with some kind of dill sauce, and roasted cabbage on the side.
  • Snack:  Dry roasted peanuts and beef jerky

Exercise:
  • 30 minute walk at lunch
  • 60 minute ride on the trainer, with Spinervals 37.0 - Suffering on the Chesapeake.  I think this might have been the first time I've done this workout.  It was a pretty good interval workout, with a number of different types of intervals at different energy levels.  Lots of variety.  Strava report HERE.
  • Little bit of situps and pushups while my wife and I were catching up on some shows on the DVR.  Trying to work in a variety of different types of pushups (wide, normal, and military style), and situps (normal crunches, twisting crunches, plus a bunch of other ab exercises I was remembering from the P90X Ab Ripper X video).  Just taking a little time for some strength training in addition to the usual bike stuff.

Today's weigh-in:  193.8


Above are my typical two-week chart, as well as a chart showing all of February.  Here is some of my current data:

CURRENT DATA
Starting weight, January 1 226.0 lbs
Current weight, February 28 193.8 lbs
Total weight loss this year: 32.2 lbs
BMI (start): 33.86
BMI (current): 29.04
BMI (goal): 24.72
Body fat (February 9): 29.8%
Body fat (current): 29.2%
Body fat (goal): 25.0%


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!