Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 8 - Day 1 - Confused

So, I am trying to tailor my workouts to my heart rate zones, based on my recent CardioPoint metabolic testing at Lifetime Fitness.  I mentioned in previous posts that I was surprised at the zones indicated from my testing.  They seemed significantly higher than I expected, and higher than how I had been training.

I tried an aerobic workout last night, based on these new zones, and found it extremely difficult.  That workout should have been about a Zone 2 workout, but I had a tough time getting into and staying into even Zone 1, let alone Zone 2.

Tonight, I decided to switch it up and go with a threshold training workout.  This means working out at or above my anaerobic threshold, around 180 bpm according to my testing.  After this workout, I am convinced that somehow the CardioPoint testing is wrong.  I just don't see any way for my heart rate to match what my testing showed.  I thought my heart was going to explode at about 173 bpm, which is barely into Zone 2, so I don't see any way I can get to Zone 4.  I'm going to talk to the trainers at Lifetime about this.

Food:

Exercise:

Today's weigh-in:  197.0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!