Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 7 - Day 7 - Updated training

Well, after my CardioPoint test at Lifetime this weekend, I now have accurate training zones to work with to help guide my training.  The unfortunate part, as I said the other day, is that they are totally crazy.  I have no idea how I can possibly work out for an extended period of time at that intensity.

Today, I did another aerobic base workout for an hour.  This is supposed to be a pretty solid Zone 2 workout, or maybe at the very top of Zone 1.  My anaerobic threshold (AT) is 180 bpm, so this workout should have been right around 170, which is my top of Zone 1, bottom of Zone 2.  The problem is, I'm absolutely killing myself just to get into Zone 1.  My Zone 1 starts at about 161 bpm, and I was really struggling to get there.  I did manage to spend a little time over 160, but not much.

One of the numbers shown on my assessment is my aerobic "base".  This is the point where I am both burning the most fat calories, along with most overall calories.  For me, this apparently happens at 170-171 bpm.  My goal for an aerobic workout should be to work out right there, but I just don't see how I can get to that point.  That's just crazy.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar at my desk
  • Dinner:  Tokyo Joe's while my daughter was in gymnastics.  Now that we're trying to cut down on carbs, all that rice probably wasn't a great idea, but the steak and veggies are good.

Exercise:
  • 30 minute walk at lunch
  • 60 minutes on the trainer.  Spinervals 18.0 - Aero Base Builder III, as described above.  Strava report HERE.

Today's weigh-in: 197.6



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!