Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 11

So, my achilles tendon is still bothering me.  I want to make sure I keep doing some cardio work so I can lose the weight I need to, but I'm tying to avoid further damage.  I rode the bike for an hour tonight, mostly on a pretty low tension to avoid stressing the tendon.  I'm going to have to alter my routine a bit, and hopefully I'll be able to start swimming soon, which should help.

I really needed to crank out some calories tonight, since I didn't eat very well today.  Instead of my usual protein bar and a walk, I went to lunch with someone from work and had a pretty tasty chicken cordon bleu sandwich.  And the family went out to Chipotle tonight, and I forced myself to get a salad and water instead of a burrito and Coke.  So, maybe that offset my lunch a bit.

Breakfast:  Fruit/protein smoothie
Lunch:  Giant fried chicken cordon bleu sandwich, fries and a Pepsi.  Oops.
Dinner:  Steak salad at Chipotle, with a water and a few chips

Exercise:  My usual morning routine.  An hour on the bike after dinner.  Pretty low intensity to try to take it easy on the achilles, so I didn't burn a ton of calories.  Finished watching Paul.  I really liked it, but I'm pretty sure I'm exactly the target audience (plenty of references to Star Wars, Indy, Star Trek, Jaws, Aliens, Duel, The X-Files, and many, many more.)

Today's weigh-in:  218.2

Disappointed, but expected after what I ate today and my lower-intensity workout.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!