Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2 - I'm Sleepy

Part of my fitness routine is going to involve getting in a quick 10-15 minute workout in the morning, just to help get the day started right.  Well, for some reason, I just couldn't sleep last night.  I stayed up way too late trying to figure out the best way to embed Excel charts in this blog.  Once I finally got that figured out, it was time for bed.  But I ended up laying there, wide awake, until at least 2am.  And I needed to get up early to get on the road to head up to Estes Park for work.  Needless to say, no morning warm-up today.

After dinner tonight, I had time for a decent ride on the trainer, but decided not to follow up with the elliptical, hoping to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Breakfast: fruit/protein smoothie
Lunch: Protein bar while driving back from Estes Park
Dinner:  Gnocchi / broccoli thing that was pretty good

Exercise:  1/2-hour walk around town at lunch.  About an hour on the bike in the garage.  Watched Batman: Under the Red Hood on Netflix while riding.  Thought it was pretty terrible, especially compared to Batman: Year One that I watched the other night.

Typically, I watch Netflix or read books on my tablet while I'm on the trainer or the elliptical, and listen to podcasts while I'm on the road.  More info on what I'm watching/reading/listening to in future posts.

Today's weigh-in:  223.4

A note about the weigh-ins:  I think we have a pretty good scale, but it still gives slightly different results each time we stand on it.  So, I typically step on the scale a number of times until I get the same result twice.

And here is another attempt with a different-looking weight chart.  Rather than linking to a chart from an online spreadsheet, I just created a different version of the chart with some more relevant information for this blog, and exported as an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!