Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 23

Another crazy Lifetime day.  After an afternoon meeting, I drove home, picked up my bike and dropped it off at the bike shop to get a tune-up and the spoke replaced.  Then, picked up the kids and brought them home to get their homework done.  Whipped up a quick dinner.  Then, off to Lifetime.  My wife had a class tonight, so we all went.  She did her class, the kids had a race-day in the kids room, and I got in some cardio and more time in the pool.  We also turned in our registration for swim lessons, for me and the kids.  The kids need some regular kids lessons, and I would just like some instruction on improving my stroke and breathing.  It's not much of a cardio workout if I just flail down the lane for about 10 minutes, sucking in water.  I'd like to be able to smooth out my swimming so I can swim for a longer distance to get a better workout.  Overall, a good night at the gym, but it's just a little hectic.

At the bike shop, we took a look at my broken spoke, and it actually looks like I may have damaged the spokes a bit when I jammed up my chain a few weeks ago.  They're going to check and see if some of the other spokes look ready to break, too.  But I should get it back tomorrow evening, so I'm hoping to get in a Spinervals workout again.


Food:

  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch: Protein bar while driving to a meeting
  • Dinner: I really liked the chicken wrap I had at the Lifetime Fitness Café last weekend, so I thought I'd try to recreate it.  My version:
    • Grilled chicken, diced (from a bag of frozen pre-cooked grilled chicken strips)
    • Lettuce and carrots, chopped (from a bag of a salad blend) 
    • Bacon, chopped
    • Little bit of ranch dressing
    • Chipotle mayo (Lifetime used red pepper mayo, but I couldn't find any, and didn't have time to make my own)
    • Tomato, diced
    • Mixed all up, and wrapped in a multi-grain tortilla
  • After-workout snack:  Apple, clementine orange, and a handful of peanuts

Exercise:
  • My usual morning routine
  • At Lifetime:  30 minutes of intervals on an elliptical
  • At Lifetime:  15 minutes of swimming.  3 laps crawl, 1 lap breaststroke, 1 lap kicking only, with a floaty thing.

Today's weigh-in: 210.2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!