Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's A New Year! Time to Get Moving!

Well, here it is, 2013.  I've managed to put on a lot of weight toward the end of 2012.  Unfortunately, the cheesesteak place a block from my office is delicious.  Back in 2011/2012, I managed to lose about 50 pounds, and this year, I plan to match, or hopefully exceed that.

Back when I lost the weight previously, I had a little weight-loss-challenge going with my wife and sister-in-law, for motivation.  This time, I'm doing this by myself.  But I figured I'd still need a little motivation.  So I decided to post my progress online, figuring my fear of failing in public will motivate me.

I am planning to weigh in every evening, and post the results here.  I know there are people out there who disagree with daily weigh-ins, but in my opinion, a daily weigh-in will keep me more in tune with what's going on with my body more effectively than a weekly weigh-in.  It worked before, and it will work again.

Over time, I will be posting information on myself, my struggles and successes, my fitness routines and equipment, and maybe even a little bit about my diet.

Right now, it's late, and I need to get up early.  I created this blog and wrote my first post quickly this evening, but plan to update the appearance and information as I get more time.  I will also being including some charts showing my progress.

For now, I am tracking my weight loss with a chart from Vertex42.  Here you go:



Starting weight:  226 lb
Goal weight: 165 lb

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!