Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16

Another quick post today.  I worked out pretty hard this evening, so I just want to finish writing this and go to bed.

Today, I decided that there really wasn't anything on my Netflix Instant queue that I desperately wanted to see right away, so I rode the bike with a spinning video instead.  While it's not as enjoyable as watching a good movie almost every night, it is definitely a much better workout.  I have a number of videos from Spinervals, and I load them up on my tablet.  I'll decide which video to watch depending on how much time I have, and what type of workout I want, and I have enough videos to get some variety in my workouts.  I'll do an entire post on Spinervals at some point, but for now I just felt like mentioning that I cranked through Spinervals 1.0 - No Slackers Allowed this evening.  And even though it's pretty cold in the garage, I was sweating like crazy.

Also, we've officially signed up for a family membership at Lifetime Fitness.  We're definitely planning to make some time this weekend to head over there and picking up our membership cards and getting in our first workout.  I'm really looking forward to hopping in the pool and swimming some laps.

Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit / protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar while driving to a meeting
  • Dinner:  Some spaghetti and meatballs

Exercise:
  • My usual morning routine
  • 45 minutes on the bike, riding along with Spinervals 1.0.  Strava entry HERE.
  • 30 minutes on the elliptical watching the end of Primer.  Great low-budget sci-fi.  Grand Jury Prize at Sundance 2004.

Today's weigh-in: 212.6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!