Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 - TGIF

Well, Friday night is typically "go out to dinner night" for us, and this week was no exception.  I've been so good all week, but failed miserably tonight.  We decided to go to Old Chicago and get a pizza.  Jalapeno cheddar pretzels, pizza and Dr. Pepper all packed into my hungry tummy.  And to top it off, they screwed up our pizza.  We ordered mushrooms on half, and when it came out, it was obvious that they cooked it without the mushrooms, realized it when they took it out of the oven, and then threw some warmed-up mushroom slices on top.  It looked terrible.  Fortunately, it was my wife's half of the pizza, and not mine.  But by the time we had finished most of it, I finally said something to the waitress, and she apologized, saying the kitchen screwed something up, and then gave us an entirely new pizza, boxed up and ready to take home.  We felt bad, and figured if there were any homeless folks on the way home, we'd just give it to them, but they typically hang out closer to the freeway exit ramps, and nowhere on our route home.  So now we have a whole other delicious pizza sitting in the fridge, tempting me.

On top of that, I really wanted to get a ride in tonight, so I got bundled up and went out to the garage for a ride on the trainer shortly after getting home from dinner.  Cranking out intervals with a stomach full of pizza and Dr. Pepper isn't much fun.  I'm going to have to remember how this feels next time I decide to get in a good workout eat a lot of pizza.  But I managed to get in a ride anyway.


Food:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit/protein smoothie
  • Lunch:  Protein bar on the drive back to the office after some morning meetings.
  • Dinner: See above.

Exercise:  
  • My usual morning warmup.  
  • Half-hour walk around town once I got back to the office.  
  • And about 50 minutes on the bike.  Watched about the last 30 minutes of Batman:  The Dark Knight Returns Part 1.  That left me short of my intended workout time, so I cranked up NIN: Pretty Hate Machine, which I hadn't listened to in years, and seemed like would be pretty good workout music.  I was right.

Given what I ate for dinner tonight, I expect my daily weight to have gone up a bit.  Let's see:

Today's weigh-in:  222.4

Yep, as expected. I really need to control myself better.  Looking forward to a successful weekend.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!